Friday 28 August 2009

Oh dear

I tried to make a tiered skirt today and somehow it didn't turn out the way I wanted. It is going to be a birthday present for K's friend and I want it to be right (I just couldn't give something away that I am not 100% happy with). So out came the seam ripper and I took the first tier off. Somehow I am still not happy, so I will do my calculations again and start all over again. Better to start afresh than piecing something together.
We were in Germany for the last three weeks to see my parents, it was lovely. My dad took K everywhere, she explored the whole village, even spent a couple of days at the local Kindergarten. She made some new friends down the road, called "the boys". She spent all day outside, starting in the morning with a trip with her "shopping partner" (Opa) to the local shop. C grew up so much in the time there, she got two teeth, is crawling and is sitting in a high chair. It feels like she is growing up so much quicker than K did.
I got so much time to relax, read books and meet friends. I even got some time to sew, a quick refashion of a t-shirt for my mum and two hats from the Ottobre 4/2007 magazine. Unfortunately I am better with giving things away than taking pictures but I will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment