Tuesday 30 November 2010

Love the snow but...

I was planning to go and sell at a school shopping evening tomorrow. It is snowing here at the moment and this means chaos on the roads. I don't know what it is with England, but people never seem to be prepared. We have about 5cm on the road and schools are already sending children home earlier because mums might not be able to get through with their cars. My friends at home in Germany always laugh in disbelieve when they hear these stories.
I love snow and was really looking forward to it until I realised that this shopping evening tomorrow is not going to happen or is going to be really badly attended...all my work for nothing. Well, I will have lots of homemade gifts this year. And the cards I have made will just be send to family and friends, which will free up some time for some home baked Christmas cookies...there is always a silver lining.
I will dress up warm now, get the sledge out of the garage and pick my girl up from school. After warming up, we will have to build the Micky Mouse Club House gang (no ordinary snowmen in our house), at least that was K's plan this morning.
By he way, there is nothing better than decorating the house for Christmas while the snow is falling, so peaceful, I even put a Christmas CD on. I love this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment